Wednesday 2 May 2012

IF ONLY


If only my heart didn’t beat
At the promise of your heat
Eagerly awaiting that touch
That leads to the brunch

If only it wasn’t just a few days
That happened to be the best lays
With a promise of unknown tomorrows
While the goodbye herald the sorrows

If only we didn’t feel the connection
Even though tis a rare selection
Enjoying the poetry, music and the dreams
While sharing the pleasure of the streams

If onlys are not a strong enough stacks  
Like a lioness I am focused on my prize
Poised, I reach out for the drum
Calling home my hunter to strum

If Onlys can’t hold back the harmony
Bees and birds must make the honey
Like a Siren I summon my sailor as I weave
To sounds as timeless as the ocean waves

By ©Yemisi Ilesanmi 2 May, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment